Jaffat El Aqlam is an e-magazine that celebrates Middle Eastern creatives. Our goal is to be an independent publishing house that publishes work from MENA & by MENA humans who live abroad, while simultaneously creating a haven for content to be published in the world wiLD web.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTINGAll submissions go through an editing process; submitting to Jaffat El Aqlam means you are ok with us minor editing text (typos, grammatical, spacing) & photos/traditional art (brightness & contrast). If we heavily edit or think the work(s) requires heavy editing, you will be contacted.
- TEXT SUBMISSIONS: Includes prose, poetry, short stories, plays, flash fiction, haikus, journal entries, fragments etc.
- TRADITIONAL ART: needs to be scanned and sent in 300 dpi resolution.
- DIGITAL ART: needs to be in highest resolution possible.
- ALT. ART: Includes gifs and image macros.
- Photography: Film photographs (300 dpi), smartphone and digital photography.
- VIDEO: Include links to videos (YouTube/Vimeo)
- AUDIO: Audio files are acceptable, but if linked, make sure they are embeddable (bandcamp/soundcloud)
- ZINES: Upload on issuu and send us the embeddable code, or send us the zine and we'll publish it in our issuu account
ACCEPTED FILE TYPES:
doc, .docx, .zip, mp3, m4a, .jpg, .png & .gif
- Before submitting, make sure your filename reads with your name and the title of the work. “NAME_TITLE.docx”
- Multiple files are acceptable. If they are more than 10, please compress them (.zip) & upload. If you'd like to add a description/captions to a set of images, make sure you include it in a text file and upload it too.